Tue 15 22
Vegan Iced Coffee for St Patrick's Day
1 min read
Happy St Patricks Day!
This year to celebrate, we’ve put down the pints, stepped away from the Guinness, and opted instead for a delicious, tasty and warming Vegan Irish Coffee.
Don’t be scared off by the Vegan part, it’s super-duper delicious and kinder to the planet, plus the addition of that coco-nutty flavour gives it a yummy added twist.
With only 3 ingredients it’s simple to make too, the perfect St Patricks Day cocktail! And If you’re not a big whiskey fan then switch it out for a different spirit, there’s no rules here really, so try rum or a booze free alternative.
For the coconut whipped cream:
- Half a can of full-fat coconut milk, chilled in the fridge for at least 12 hours
- Tablespoon of maple syrup
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the Vegan Irish Coffee:
- 1 cup of strong brewed coffee
Make the coconut whipped cream
- Spoon the white, solid layer off of the top of the can of coconut milk and beat at medium speed until it forms stiff peaks (about 2-3 minutes)
- Add syrup, vanilla, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the coffee, whiskey, and sugar (if you like it sweet) into a mug or heatproof glass. Stir to combine (if adding sugar, take care to stir until dissolved).
- Spoon coconut whipped cream over the top and enjoy!